Rules & Regulations
Gravel Ponds Campground
General Rules and Guidelines
Ensuring Every Member Has a Safe and Enjoyable Season
- Membership transferring is not allowed.
- Adding or changing a secondary member on a regular membership application will result in a $50.00 fee. The change will not be processed without the return of the original gate card and the Gravel Ponds membership card. No exceptions!
- Campsites are on a first-come, first-served basis, 1 site per member. Gravel Ponds reserves the right to double up sites as needed during any time of the season-especially, during the main holiday weekends.
- Please refrain from (1) saving spots for other members or guests and (2) parking units awning to awning.
- Extra vehicles need to be parked in the overflow parking areas. You may not park at an empty campsite.
- All members are responsible for educating guests regarding park rules and making sure the guests follow all rules.
- Anyone not obeying park rules will be subject to having membership revoked with no refund.
- If you choose or Gravel Ponds chooses to terminate your membership before the end of the season, your membership card(s) must be turned in, or your account will be charged $50.00 per card.
Guest Pass Rules
- If a member wishes to bring a guest to Gravel Ponds, the guest must have a guest pass.
- Guest passes are purchased by members only. Any member who does not purchase a pass for their guest will automatically have their gate access card canceled – no exceptions.
- A Day Guest Pass is good from 5:30 AM to 10:00 PM when the park closes. Any guest staying overnight needs an Overnight Guest Pass for each night they will be staying. Overnight Passes are good until 11:00 AM the following morning. Any additional guest passes must be purchased in advance.
- Guests are not allowed to park outside the gate and walk in after-hours unless accompanied by a member, and they have a valid overnight guest pass.
- Before entering the park-all guests 17 and older need a guest pass completed and put in the box located on the store porch – family members included.
- If not used, these passes can be turned in the following spring season for an even exchange or full refund.
Getting Around the Campground
- Please observe the speed limit – 5 MPH.
- All traffic is one way around the pond once you pass the dog pond.
- Park in designated areas only.
- All children (16 and under) must wear bicycle helmets while riding bikes; it is state law.
- Bicycle riding is not permitted after dark for adults or children.
- Use the bike racks provided.
- Keep campsites neat and tidy.
- Carpeting/rugs used in and around entrances must be “safe venting” type or rolled up at night to prevent killing the grass.
- Please clean up after yourselves. All trash should be taken to the designated dumpster.
- Quiet time is 10:00 PM (11:00 PM on major holidays).
- No generators are allowed on power sites. Generators on non-power sites must be shut down by 10:00 PM.
- No commercial trucks are allowed to be parked in the park. Get permission from management to see where you can park.
- Limited electrical sites are available for $7.00 per day per RV (starting when the site is first occupied).
- Regular members may camp 4 days & 3 nights per week at the above rate – additional nights will cost $15 per night plus the cost of the electrical site, if the electrical site is occupied. The maximum length of any stay is 14 nights.
- No bonfires. Campfires in designated areas only.
- No garbage (cans, bottles, etc.) in fire pits.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older).
- Children must be at the campsite by dark unless chaperoned by an adult.
- All dogs must be on a leash. We provide a dog run and dog swimming pond for off-leash play.
- Please clean up after your pets.
- Pets are not allowed on the beach or in facilities.
- A current copy of each dog’s rabies vaccination certificate and license must be on file with Gravel Ponds, including any dogs visiting with guests.
- Aggressive or nuisance barking dogs will not be tolerated.
- Fish with barbless hooks and lures only. No live bait, minnows, or minnow traps are allowed (Worms and crayfish are permitted).
- Fishing is on a catch and release basis only.
- No fishing in designated swimming areas, standing in the water to fish, or out of paddle boats.
- No fishing in the areas where the dogs enter at the dog pond.
- No ice fishing or winter activities.
- Please do not add fish to the ponds.
- All rules posted in beach areas must be strictly followed.
- Swim in designated areas only.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older).
- Swim areas will close in bad weather, when temps are below 70 degrees, and after dark.
- The following are not permitted on the beach or in the swimming area:
- diving or scuba diving
- swimming off paddle boats
- All boats are provided by Gravel Ponds only. No privately owned boats/kayaks are allowed.
- Electric trolling motors may be used. The motors must first be cleaned with bleach to prevent any unwanted plant and animal life from entering the pond. (See park manager for details.)
- All boats are provided on a first come, first serve basis (sharing is encouraged). Do not exceed the posted maximum number of passengers.
- Boats are free for our members, but all boats must be signed out with a 100% refundable deposit. (Deposits will be refunded when the boat is returned clean and in its proper spot.)
- No boating after dark.
- Life jackets/vests must be worn at all times. While life jackets are not provided by Gravel Ponds, they are available to rent. Note: Seat cushions are not an acceptable substitution for life jackets.
- Boats must be clean and left upside down out of water. Boats may not be stored at campsites.
- Chinese lanterns are not permitted to be launched at Gravel Ponds due to safety reasons.
- Gravel Ponds provides 4 pavilions. 3 pavilions may be reserved, while the other pavilion is strictly on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any member can reserve a pavilion for their special event in advance.
- Any member reserving a pavilion is responsible for letting guests in the park, purchasing guest passes, and cleaning up of the pavilion.
- Gate cards are for adult member use only.
- Members are responsible for admitting their guests.
- Entry gate is in operation from 5:30 AM to 10:00 PM; however, permanent site campers have 24-hour access.
- Exit gate is always in operation.
- Local ambulance, fire, and police departments have 24-hour gate access.
- We do not permit the following items/ actions on our property:
- Smoking around beach or near campground facilities. Cigarette butts must be properly disposed of, not thrown on the ground or in the water.
- Loud or offensive music
- Illegal drugs
- Discharge of firearms, hunting, or trapping
- Glass bottles
- Washing or repairing of vehicles
- Unlicensed vehicles or underage drivers
- Golf carts, mini-bikes, hoverboards, gas-powered bikes, scooters(Exclusions: permanent members may have golf carts and those needing mobility scooters)
- Any person found abusing or vandalizing Gravel Ponds property will be subject to having their membership revoked and charged for the damages as provided by law.
- Gravel Ponds is not responsible for theft, loss or damage of property.
- All problems or questions should be reported directly to the park manager.
- We reserve the right to update and/or amend these rules as needed